About MANIDCO Manipur (Manipur Industrial Development Corporation)
MANIDCO Manipur (Manipur Industrial Development Corporation) was incorporated in the year 1969 under the Companies Act 1956. The present authorized Share Capital of the company is 16 crores. The Corporation is multi-functional company which acts as:
- State Financial Corporation (SFC)
- State Industrial Development Corporation (SIDC)
- State Infrastructure Development Corporation (SIDC)
It is the only financial institute of the State. The company has to cater long term credit requirement of industry. MANIDCO is governed by a Board of Directors. All the members of the Board are representatives of the State Government and the Industrial Development Bank of India or Small Industries Development Bank of India. There was hardly fund available in the Corporation for industrial activities till the middle of 1980. In order to clear the backlog in the industrialization, the State Government took initiative to revive the activities of MANIDCO with a very low budgetary support till 1985-86. Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) also extended active support in this regard.
Objectives of MANIDCO Manipur (Manipur Industrial Development Corporation)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, MANIDCO Manipur operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.