About KSIDC Kerala (Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation)
KSIDC Kerala (Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation) is the premier Government agency working for industrial and investment promotion in Kerala. Formed in 1961, KSIDC started with the objective to promote, facilitates and finance large and medium scale industries and catalyses the development of physical and social infrastructure required for industrial growth in the state.
It is a one stop-shop to set up an industry in Kerala and a single point contact for investments to the State, KSIDC offers a comprehensive set of services that include developing business ideas, identifying viable projects, feasibility study and providing financial assistance and guidance for implementation.
It is a nodal agency for foreign and domestic investments in Kerala, KSIDC facilitates clearances, approvals and processes various incentive schemes for starting a new business ventures. KSIDC acts as a spokesman of the State who spreads its industrial ethos besides being an interface between the Government and the Industry.
Objectives of KSIDC Kerala (Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, KSIDC Kerala operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.