About KIADB Malur (Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board)
KIADB Malur (Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board) is a statutory body, constituted under section 5 of Karnataka Industrial Areas Development Act (KIAD Act)-1966 vide order no. CL 67 GMI 66 dated 20th June 1966 to promote rapid and orderly establishment and development of industries and for providing industrial infrastructural facilities and other amenities in Industrial areas in the State of Karnataka. KIAD Act-1966, a special Act, provides for expeditious acquisition of lands for industrial and infrastructure purposes. KIADB functions as per statutory provisions, Rules and Regulations enacted under the KIAD Act.
The Board comprises of senior Government Officers in their ex-officio capacities. The Board members meet regularly to take decisions and monitor the functions. The vision of KIADB and world class infrastructure has made investors all over the world take notice of Karnataka as the premier destination for their startups and ventures. KIADB has so far developed 160 industrial areas in 29 Districts in the State covering an extent of 76,136 acres, and acquired land for nearly 473 Single Unit Complexes covering an extent of 73,288 Acres ensuring balanced industrial development in all regions with well thought of infrastructures and unique features.
Objectives of KIADB Malur (Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, KIADB Malur operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.