About Jaipur Development Authority (JDA Jaipur)
Jaipur Development Authority (JDA Jaipur) has been committed to working for the benefit of the citizens of Jaipur with planned implementation of development schemes and is consistently striving to take Jaipur at higher levels of progress. Jaipur is one of the most well-planned cities of its times and planned development has always been central to its ideology. Jaipur Development Authority came into existence by the Government of Rajasthan with a vision to combat and manoeuvre the growing requirements of a large city in wake of the increasing population and to help give Jaipur a planned look compatible and comparable to any metropolitan city of repute.
JDA was authorized powers and a green signal to speed up the development and progressive growth of the entire city to rapidly change the face of Jaipur. To meet these important needs JDA sprang into action and started to understand the necessary needs of the city. According to the requisites, JDA has been working towards time-bound construction, creation and development of the western part of Jaipur based on major scientific and hi-tech strategies. Thus, Jaipur has been beautified intensively to augment the tourist attraction in the city and to raise the living standards to suit convenience of its citizens.
According to the promises and commitments of the Rajasthan Government, JDA has been time and again proving itself as a pioneer of development, creating a state-of-the-art city of substance. JDA has been working on widening all main roads, construction of over bridges, under bridges and flyovers to regulate the traffic on roads, minimize pollution, and ensure public convenience and safety. JDA firmly believes in bridging the gap and reaching out to its citizens and to provide them with quick and hassle-free service.
Objectives of Jaipur Development Authority (JDA Jaipur)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, JDA Jaipur operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.