About JDA Jaigaon (Jaigaon Development Authority)
JDA Jaigaon (Jaigaon Development Authority) has been established in 1987 under the West Bengal Town & Country Planning Act, 1979. It is a nodal agency for the development of areas under three Gram Panchayats of Kalchini Block under Alipurduar Sub-Division in the District Jalpaiguri was created by up- gradation of Jaigaon Planning Authority on 18-07-1990 [Notification no. 2066-T 7 CP/1C-13/84, Dated 18-07-1990 of Development and Planning (T&CP) Department]-in pursuance of the objectives of the West Bengal Town & Country (Planning & Development) Act. 1979. Jaigaon Development Authority has intended to take up proposal of some ambitious projects in near future on Public-Private partnership basis with the liability of JDA to be restricted to land equity during the next five years (2007-2012) as per guidelines of perspective plan. At present, the main focus of JDA is to develop Jaigaon as LAND PORT with all basic amenities and facilities so that a sophisticated environment can be developed for investment for the public-private partnership entrepreneurs.
Objectives of JDA Jaigaon (Jaigaon Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, JDA Jaigaon operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.