Jagraon Master Plan 2031 has been created for Jagraon. Municipal Council Jagraon is a class one council in the Ludhiana district. According to 2001 census the population of the town was 60106. Jagraon is located at almost the geographical center of Punjab state, 16 kilometers from the River Satluj. This town is situated on Ludhiana- Ferozepur railway line. To the West lies District Moga, Raikot lies 13 miles to the South and Ludhiana town is 24 miles east.
The town is very well connected with other areas of the state and country through road and rail links. It is located at the junction of National Highways No. 95 and 71. Jagraon is connected by rail and road to Ludhiana and Ferozepur. The other major links of the town are Jagraon –Moga, Jagraon-Raikot, Jagraon- Sidhwan Bet.
Jagraon Master Plan 2031 LPA
To meet the challenge of rapid growth of Jagraon town and to provide for a workable framework for comprehensive planned and regulated development, preparation of statutory Jagraon Master Plan 2031 of Jagraon town is essential. Hence in order to develop Jagraon town and its surroundings in an orderly manner there is need to prepare its Jagraon Master Plan 2031 under “The Punjab Regional and Town Planning and Development 1995 (Amendment) Act-2006”.
The Local Planning Area of Jagraon town for the preparation of Master Plan of the town was notified vide notification no. 12/1/2008-4HGI/406 dated 15-1-2008 under section 56(1) of “The Punjab Regional and Town Planning and Development Act 1995 (Amendment), 2006”. The total area proposed for Local Planning Area is substituted as 21345 hectares which comprises of Jagraon M.C., and adjoining 31 villages”.
As a first step towards the preparation of Master Plan Jagraon was delineated and notified u/s 56(1) of “The Punjab Regional and Town Planning and Development 1995 (Amendment) act, 2006” in the official gazette vide Notification No.12/1/2008-4HGI/406 (list attached at annexure I), the total area proposed for Local Planning Area is 21345 hectares which comprises of Jagraon Town and adjoining 31 villages. The details of area, population, schedule of boundaries and drawing no. DTP (L) 17/2007 dated 06/11/2007 of Local Planning Area Jagraon are given in Annexure-I.
Vision Jagraon Master Plan 2031
To espouse Jagraon town as wholesale, commercial and Industrial hub by providing eminence physical and social infrastructure in the region in comprehensive and environmentally sustainable manner.
The following objectives have guided the development of the Master Plan of for Jagraon:
- To control haphazard, unplanned and sub-standard growth and development of the town and to achieve planned growth to create healthy environment.
- To ensure safety, mobility and efficiency of traffic within the town through the mechanism of rationalizing the land use pattern defined in the Master Plan.
- To preserve natural resources and eco system and maintain a safe and secure operating environment.
- To protect and preserve open space and make land available for public purposes.
- Identify appropriate locations for commercial and business development opportunities that advance long-term economic interest in the area and are consistent with the land use planning and development objectives of local authorities/government.
- To optimize the use of available land resource through well defined development norms and to minimize diversion of valuable agricultural land for non-agricultural purposes.
- To examine potential future development that will detrimentally impact natural and cultural resources in the Town, particularly in view of the marginal nature of much of the remaining undeveloped land.
- To improve the capacity of the existing road net work through redesigned, improved road geometry and removal of encroachments.
- To rationalize the distribution of physical and social infrastructure in order to ensure appropriate quality of life to all the residents of the town.
- To ensure safety, mobility and efficiency of inter and intra-town traffic.