HNTDA Hosur (Hosur New Town Development Authority)
HNTDA Hosur (Hosur New Town Development Authority) is a nodal agency responsible for Hosur Region. Hosur is an Industrial Town and a municipality in Krishnagiri district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. “In Kannada language Hosur means, “New place or locality”. It is the largest town in the Krishnagiri District of Tamil Nadu and is the headquarters of the Hosur taluk. It is located about 35 kilometers (22 mi) from Bangalore, 48 kilometers (30 mi) from Krishnagiri, 82 kilometers from Dharmapuri, 174 kilometers West of Vellore , 550 kilometers from Tirunelveli, 625 kilometers from Kanyakumari and 306 kilometers (190 mi) west of Chennai, the state capital.
Hosur is the gateway to Karnataka’s Capital City from Tamil Nadu and serves as the satellite town of Bangalore. Hosur was constituted as a Selection Grade Town Panchayat in the 1962 and it was upgraded to Second Grade Municipality in the Year 1992. In the year 1998, it was upgraded to Selection Grade Municipality vide G.O. (MAWS) No.85 dated 22.05.1998. In 2011, vide GO. No. 127 dated 08.09.2011 town panchayats Mathigiri, Village Panchayats Zuzuvadi, Mookandapalli, Avalapalli, Chennathur were included in Hosur Municipality.
Objectives of HNTDA Hosur (Hosur Local Planning Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, HNTDA Hosur operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.