Hazaribag Master Plan 2040 has been created for Hazaribag. Hazaribag C.D. Block is located centrally within the Hazaribag district. Hazaribag town is located in the north-west region of the Hazaribag C.D. Block as shown in the map below. The town shares its boundary with C.D. Blocks of Katakamsandi and Katakamdag on its western periphery from north to south. Hazaribag town is the district headquarters. The district of Hazaribag is situated in the north-east of North Chotanagpur Division. The boundary of the district consists of districts of Gaya and Koderma in the north, Giridih and Bokaro in the east, Ranchi in the South and Palamu and Chatra in the west. The Hazaribag district is spread over an area of 4313 sq. km. The district comprises 16 Number of blocks namely Hazaribag, Chauparan, Barhi, Padma, Ichak, Barkatha, Bishungarh, Katkam Sandi, Keredari, Barkagaon, Patratu, Churchu, Mandu, Ramgarh and Gola.
Vision of Hazaribag Master Plan 2040
The vision statement for the development of any place/region becomes very much important since it helps in visualization of where and how one wants the city to be in the coming years. It should be carefully carved out and should encompass the aspirations of its local people and various other stakeholders involved directly or indirectly in the development process. The Master Plan for the Hazaribag Area has evolved from a comprehensive understanding of the existing situation, land utilization pattern, land suitability & potential analysis, and population projections carried out for the area. The process so far has involved an exploration of several alternatives, for each of which, certain principles, laid down with a view to achieving the vision for the project area, have been primary guiding factors. While the conceptual studies may differ in their design, the approach and underlying concerns, as briefly stated below, are the same.
Objective of Hazaribag Master Plan 2040
The vision perceived is further enumerated in the following specific development objectives:
- To develop Hazaribag as a ‘Growth Centre’ and an ‘education hub’
- To reinforce the image of the city as a ‘green city’ through provision of adequate open spaces and conservation of existing environmentally sensitive areas and heritage structures
- To promote Hazaribag as a Business tourist destination by strengthening the infrastructure base.
- To strengthen the economic base and generate adequate employment opportunities through proper utilization of available resources
- To provide state-of-the-art infrastructure and social facilities so as to enhance the quality of life of the local people
- To create effective implementation strategies that promotes equitable & inclusive development