About GUDA Kakinada (Godavari Urban Development Authority)
GUDA Kakinada (Godavari Urban Development Authority) is an urban planning agency spread over the district of East Godavari in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It was constituted on 4 November 2016, under Andhra Pradesh Metropolitan Region and Urban Development Authority Act, 2016 with the headquarters located at Kakinada. The jurisdictional area of GUDA is spread over an area of 884 km2 (341 sq mi) and it covers 203 villages in 20 mandals of the district. The urban local bodies in the jurisdiction covers two municipal corporations of Rajahmundry and Kakinada; four municipalities; viz, Samalkot, Peddapuram, Pithapuram and Gollaprolu.
Objectives of GUDA Kakinada (Godavari Urban Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, GUDA Kakinada operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.