About GIDC Vadodara (Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation)
GIDC Vadodara (Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation) was established under the Gujarat Industrial Development Act of 1962, with a goal of accelerating industrialization in the Indian state of Gujarat. Main role of the GIDC is to identify locations suitable for industrial development and create industrial estates with infrastructure such as roads, drainage, electricity, water supply, street lights, and ready-to-occupy factory sheds. The infrastructure of certain estates has been built for specific industries; there is an electronics estate at Gandhinagar, ceramics estates near Bhavnagar, chemical estates at Vapi, Ankleshwar, Panoli, Nandesari and Naroda.
GIDC has been created for securing the orderly establishment and organization of industries in industrial areas and industrial estates in the state. GIDC is now establishing Special Investment Regions, PCPIR, Industrial areas and large /sector-specific estates in tune with the changing economic and industrial scenario. The Government of Gujarat enacted the SIR act in 2009 with the objective of creating large size Investment Regions and Industrial Areas in the State of Gujarat and develops them as global hubs of economic activity supported by world class Infrastructure. Gujarat is the only state in the country to enact such an Art. GIDC is setting up 11 Special Investment Regions in Gujarat catalyzing unprecedented economic growth in the state.
Objectives of GIDC Vadodara (Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, GIDC Vadodara operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.
Contact Details & More Information for GIDC Vadodara (Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation)
Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation
Address: 5th, 6th Floor, Unique Trade Centre, Hotel Kansar, Aurobindo Ghosh Road, Sayajiganj, Vadodara, Gujarat-390005.
Phone No: 0265-223561
Fax No: 0265-2363842
Email Address: email@example.com