About GHB Vadodara (Gujarat Housing Board)
GHB Vadodara (Gujarat Housing Board) came into existence on 1st May 1960 as a result of bifurcation of Bombay State and Bombay Housing Board and inclusion of Saurashtra Housing Board and as per the Gujarat Housing Board Act, 1961. Gujarat Housing Board associated with Saurashtra Housing Board started its operations in 1960. The main motive of housing boards was to serve the housing purposes of the people in order to provide the positions with affordable range for both commercial and residential property with all global standards. The Gujarat Housing Board managed to bring many ventures in the urban areas of Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Surat, Bhavnagar and Jamnagar.
Gujarat Housing Board includes the state level local bodies like Municipal Corporation as well as development authorities of Gujarat. Moreover, the planning of Gujarat housing board is to construct the entertainment, shopping centres and to give basic facilities such as infrastructure for educational institutions and hospitals. The main intention of Gujarat Housing Board is to develop the projects. These projects encloses all conditions of real estate property, the contemporary ideas of the Gujarat housing board will inspire to develop the Gujarat which not only help the people and also help in supporting the city’s tourism.
Objectives of GHB Vadodara (Gujarat Housing Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, GHB Vadodara operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.