Ghaziabad Master Plan 2021 has been created for Ghaziabad District. Ghaziabad district is a largely suburban district of Uttar Pradesh state in northern India of National Capital Region. The town of Ghaziabad is the administrative headquarters of the district. This district is part of Meerut Division. It has become a major bedroom community for Delhi. Ghaziabad District was once part of Meerut District, but split off forming the district with an area of 2550 km2, and again Gautam Buddha Nagar District was split off as well, reducing it to 1933.3 km2. In September 2011, 2 tehsils split off and formed Hapur District. The revised area is 1273 km2 and revised population is 3,323,241. The latitude of Ghaziabad is 28.667856, and the longitude is 77.449791. It is located between the 28° 40′ 4.2816” N and 77° 26′ 59.2476” E. metallic road. Other roads lead northwest to Loni and Baghpat and east to Hapur and Garhmukteshwar.
Buses run at frequent intervals from this town to Delhi, Meerut, Aligarh, Bulandshahar, Moradabad, Lucknow and other cities. It is an important station on the Northern Railway where railway lines from Delhi, Calcutta, Moradabad and Saharanpur meet, connecting it with many important cities of India. The City has a boundary adjacent to Delhi, acts as the main entrance of Uttar Pradesh and is also called the Gateway of Uttar Pradesh. Ghaziabad town is situated adjacent to the National Capital, Delhi towards North East. Thus over the years, it has experienced very rapid development and urbanization. The town is spread on both the banks of the river Hindan, an important tributary of Yamuna, merging in to Yamuna at Gharbara in Bulandshahar district, after flowing for a distance of about 200 km through Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Ghaziabad and Bulandshahar districts. The confluence is located about 40 Km downstream of Okhla barrage. A short cut canal called the Hindon Cut joins the river Yamuna at Okhla barrage from where the Agra canal takes off. The Hindon Cut thus serves to make the Hindon river water, including the supplemental discharge from the upper Ganga canal, available for diversion to the Agra canal for irrigational use.
Vision of Ghaziabad Master Plan 2021
The objective of the Ghaziabad Master Plan 2021 is to create enabling spatial and land use planning framework to achieve the Vision of Ghaziabad.
The future growth and development of the urban centers is defined by the Master Plan/Development Plans which are evolved for each settlement at individual level. Ghaziabad Master Plan has been considered as one of the most effective mechanism to promote planned growth of the urban centers. It lays down the road map, agenda and framework within which the city growth is envisioned. It provides a tool for the authorities to take decision with regard to current and future development related issues.
Ghaziabad Master Plan 2021 provides the framework for rationalizing the orderly movement of traffic and transportation within the city and defines the area for laying down network of various services. The plan is used for promoting integrated development of the urban centre by rationalizing its pattern of land use and their inter-relationship. It also defines the strategies and solutions for overcoming the existing problems of the urban centers and to overcome its infrastructural and service related inadequacies. In addition, it provides options for accommodating the future addition to population which is likely to come to the urban centre due to natural growth and migration. Master Plan acts as a tool for determining the infrastructure cost which would be required to make the city sustainable. The plans offer futuristic solutions by laying down agenda for its growth and development.
Objectives of Ghaziabad Master Plan 2021
More specifically following are the objectives:
- To make Ghaziabad district as the most vibrant economic centre to promote the balanced regional growth.
- To make land allocation in an environmentally benign fashion.
- To minimize haphazard, unplanned, and sub-standard growth and development of the town and to achieve planned growth to create healthy environment.
- To effectively manage the traffic and transportation within the town through the mechanism of rationalizing the land use pattern defined in the Master Plan.
- To make land available for public purposes.
- To minimize travel within the town by creating self contained and self sufficient communities.
- Adequate parking spaces to be created in the town as an integral part of commercial, industrial, and institutional planning and development process.
- To strengthen the basic infrastructure favorable for petroleum, chemical & petrochemical investment region and agro based industries.
- To rationalize the distribution of physical and social infrastructure in order to ensure appropriate quality of life to all the residents of the city.
- To identify man-made and natural heritage and to make heritage conservation as integral part of the city planning and development process.
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources environmental, economic and social.
- Ensure a conducive environment to work.
- Introduce a total business environment.