Garhwa Master Plan 2040 has been created for Garhwa. Garhwa is small town and the administrative headquarters of Garhwa district. Garhwa Nagar Panchayat provides municipal services in the town area. It’s a small town with population below 50000 and located extremely north east of state. It is located at a distance of 208 km from Ranchi, the state capital. Garhwa is located at 24.18° N latitudes & 83.82° E longitudes. The district of Garhwa is situated in the north-west part of the State. Garhwa district is bordered by river Sone on the north, Palamu district on the east, Surguji district (Chhattisgarh state) on the south, Sonebhadra district (Uttar Pradesh state) on the west. The district is spread over an area of 4044 sq. km which is nearly 5% of total geographical area of the state. The district consists of three sub divisions namely Garhwa, Nagar Untari and Ranka.
Vision of Garhwa Master Plan 2040
The vision statement for the development of any place/region becomes very much important since it helps in visualization of where and how one wants the city to be in the coming years. It should be carefully carved out and should encompass the aspirations of its local people and various other stakeholders involved directly or indirectly in the development process. The Master Plan for the Garhwa Area has evolved from a comprehensive understanding of the existing situation, land utilization pattern, land suitability& potential analysis, and population projections carried out for the area. The process so far has involved an exploration of several alternatives, for each of which, certain principles, laid down with a view to achieving the vision for the project area, have been primary guiding factors. While the conceptual studies may differ in their design, the approach and underlying concerns, as briefly stated below, are the same.
Objective of Garhwa Master Plan 2040
The vision perceived is further enumerated in the following specific development objectives:
- To develop Garhwa area as a ‘Forest Based Economy Centre’ supporting the surrounding areas of the district
- To strengthen and promote forest based Industrial activities
- To conserve existing environmentally sensitive areas and other natural features
- To strengthen the economic base and generate adequate employment opportunities through proper utilization of available resources
- To provide state-of-the-art infrastructure and social facilities so as to enhance the quality of life of the local people
- To create effective implementation strategies that promotes equitable & inclusive development