Daltonganj Master Plan 2040 has been created for Daltonganj. Daltonganj (Medininagar) is one of the main cities of the Palamu district of Jharkhand. It is situate on the banks of the North Koel River. Its geographic location is 24.03° N Latitude and 84.07° E Longitude. It has an average elevation of 215 m (705 ft). It is surrounded by the Chainpur Block in the west, Satbarwa Block in the South, Lesliganj Block in the east and Padwa Block in the north. The district of Palamu is located in the north-western parts of the state. It is bordered on the north by Sone River & Bihar and on the east by the Chatra and Hazaribag districts, on the south by Latehar District and on the west by Garhwa District. The district covers an area of 4,393 km² and has a population of 1,939,869 as of Census 2011.
Vision of Daltonganj Master Plan 2040
The vision statement for the development of any place/region becomes very much important since it helps in visualization of where and how one wants the city to be in the coming years. It should be carefully carved out and should encompass the aspirations of its local people and various other stakeholders involved directly or indirectly in the development process. Considering this the vision of this Master Plan has been derived which is to develop the Medininagar as: “An eco-tourism hub and environmentally sustainable town that provides equitable setting for all to live, work, and prosper with better quality of infrastructure and livelihood opportunities.” Daltonganj Master Plan 2040 for the Daltonganj Area has evolved from a comprehensive understanding of the existing situation, land utilization pattern, land suitability & potential analysis, and population projections carried out for the area.
Objective of Daltonganj Master Plan 2040
The vision perceived is further enumerated in the following specific development objectives:
- To develop Daltonganj as a ‘Growth Centre’ and an ‘Eco-Tourism Hub’ with development of river front
- To reinforce the image of the historic city through conservation of existing heritage structures and promoting eco-tourism facilities
- To strengthen and promote household industrial activities through creation of dry dock
- To strengthen the economic base and generate adequate employment opportunities through proper utilization of available resources
- To provide state-of-the-art infrastructure and social facilities so as to enhance the quality of life of the local people
- To create effective implementation strategies that promotes equitable & inclusive development