About BIDA Bihar (Bihar Infrastructure Development Authority)
BIDA Bihar (Bihar Infrastructure Development Authority) has been constituted under the Chairmanship of the Chief Secretary, Government of Bihar under the Bihar State Infrastructure Development Enabling Act 2006 to provide for the rapid development of physical and social infrastructure in the state and to attract private sector participation in designing, financing and construction of Infrastructure Projects. It is the nodal agency for Public Private Partnership initiatives in the state. Land availability is a major concern in the establishment of projects. A Land Bank has been established in IDA to ensure timely acquisition of Land and providing immediate fund for land acquisition.
Objectives of BIDA Bihar (Bihar Infrastructure Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, BIDA Bihar operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.