About Bhubaneswar Development Authority, BDA Odisha
Bhubaneswar Development Authority was created in the year 1033 under the provisions of Me O.D.A Act 1982 to manage and guide future development. This Authority is continuously working in various fields to bring a balanced development of the area of jurisdiction. Housing, Market Complex, Kalyan Mandan and City Centers as well as plotted schemes were developed by the Authority from its inception. To transform the capital city and surrounding area to a green, beautiful and environment friendly, the Authority has developed number of parks and undertaken plantations at various places. BDA is continuously working on various development plans for an overall development of the city.
Bhubaneswar Development Authority has been mandated to undertake strategic interventions for holistic development of the city. Due to its systematic endeavor over Art three decades, the Authority has gained confidence of people in transforming this Capital City to a world class city. Bhubaneswar is bestowed with glorious heritage, natural splendor and archeological grandeur. In recent times the city is emerging as an IT Hub, Investment Destination and Knowledge hub In the eastern region.The geographical area of the city is also on rapid expansion. These opportunities have thrown up fresh challenges for BOA in accommodating the rapid growth while preserving its heritage and cultural wealth. Successful management of the emerging challenges will require Intensive participation of people along with adoption of appropriate technology.
Mission Objectives of Bhubaneswar Development Authority, Odisha
- Preparation of Comprehensive Development Plan, Interim Development Plan and Zonal Development Plan
- Preparation of Area Development Plan & Town Planning Schemes.
- Development of Housing & Urban Infrastructure to increase livability of the city.
- Ensure environmental development in the urban Diaspora.
- Reduce encroachment of Govt. lands and ensure adherence to Planning & Building regulations.
- Create land bank for effective Urban Development.
- Ensure slum Redevelopment. Provision of affordable Housing.
Important Links & Information
Bhubaneswar Development Authority
Akash Shova Building, Sachivalaya Marg
Ph: 0674-2392801, 2390842