About BAUDA Bharuch Ankleshwar (Bharuch Ankleshwar Urban Development Authority)
BAUDA Bharuch Ankleshwar (Bharuch Ankleshwar Urban Development Authority) was established on 7th January 2012 by the Government of Gujarat via notification no. GH/V/4 of 2012/UDA-1909-1218-L by amalgamating the functions and jurisdiction of Bharuch Area Development Authority and Ankleshwar Area Development Authority. Draft Development Plan of BAUDA and General Regulation for BAUDA were sanctioned by GOG on 10-01-2014 and came into force from the same day.
BAUDA is a twin city Urban Development Authority under which Bharuch and Ankleshwar cities are joined to develop in a planned manner so that the future urban issues of being closed to each other can be dealt efficiently, as there will be a single Planning and Development Authority which will shape both the cities. BAUDA covers 55 villages of Bharuch Taluka and 34 villages of Ankleshwar ad measuring total of 635 square kilometers.
The important functions of the BAUDA include the preparation of combined Development plan for Bharuch and Ankleshwar, to prepare the draft town planning scheme and to monitor and control the Development activities with the Development Plan. In future, BAUDA will also responsible for the development of Infrastructure like roads, sewerage, water supply and other basic civic amenities.
Objectives of BAUDA Bharuch Ankleshwar (Bharuch Ankleshwar Urban Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, BAUDA Bharuch Ankleshwar operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.