About AUDA Ahmedabad (Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority)
AUDA Ahmedabad (Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority) was established on February 1st. 1978 by the State Government of Gujarat. The prime objective of the AUDA’s formation was to carry out the sustained planned development of the area falling outside the periphery of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation. The important functions of the Authority include the preparation of physical plan for the Development of Ahmedabad Urban Agglomeration, to prepare the draft Town Planning Schemes, to implement the revised Town Planning Schemes and to monitor and control the development activities in accordance with the Revised Development Plan. Besides, it is also responsible for the development of the infrastructures like road, sewerage, water supply and other basic civic amenities. In addition to the area falling under the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation’s limit, it also includes 5 growth centers and 169 villages of Ahmedabad district. The constitution of the authority is also well defined.
Objectives of AUDA Ahmedabad (Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, AUDA Ahmedabad operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.