Amendments In Housing For All Mission, PMAY Guidelines 2018
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MHUA) has published the amendments in guidelines of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban), PMAY guidelines 2018. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was launched in June 2015 with an aim to provide affordable housing to urban poor.
Under PMAY, it is proposed to build 2 crore houses for urban poor including Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and Low Income Groups (LIG) in urban areas by the year 2022 through a financial assistance of ₹2 trillion from central government.
This Mission has four components viz., In-situ Slum Redevelopment with private sector participation using land as resource, Affordable Housing through Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS), Affordable Housing in Partnership with private and public sector and Beneficiary led house construction/enhancement. Under these components, central assistance will be in the range of ₹1 lakh to ₹2.30 lakh.
Find the amendments in PMAY Guidelines 2018 below:
- All the statuary towns as per Census 2011 and towns notified subsequently including National Planning/Development areas shall be eligible for the coverage in the mission.
- Areas falling within notified planning/development areas under jurisdiction of an Industrial Development Authority/Special Area Development Authority/Urban Development Authority or any such authority under state legislation which is entrusted with the functions of urban planning and regulations shall also be included for the coverage under PMAY (U).
- The MIS linkage between Department of Rural Development for PMAY (Gramin) and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs for PMAY (U) would be done to avoid duplication of beneficiaries.
- The beneficiaries in the permanent wait list of PMAY (G) will have the flexibility for opting for a house under PMAY (G) or PMAY (U).
- The beneficiaries of all existing and future rural schemes will not be denied to a beneficiary covered by the above definition solely on the grounds that he has availed a house under PMAY (U).
Till 30-06-18, instead of taking NOC from States/UTs, CNAs, on behalf of PLIs, would sent list of EWS beneficiaries under CLSS on fortnightly basis to concerned States/UTs, and they will consider this list while deciding beneficiaries under other three verticals of the mission, so that no beneficiary is granted more than one benefit under the mission.