About AFDA Ayodhya Faizabad (Ayodhya Faizabad Development Authority)
AFDA Ayodhya Faizabad (Ayodhya Faizabad Development Authority) is a principal agency of the Government of Uttar Pradesh, which is responsible for taking ahead the tradition of planned and sustainable development of Ayodhya and Faizabad. The Ayodhya-Faizabad Development Authority was constituted by the government on 02 November 1985. After that, Ayodhya Special Area Development Authority was formed in February 1988. The Ayodhya special area was dissolved on February 26, 1996; again Ayodhya-Faizabad Development Authority was formed.
67 villages adjacent to Faizabad and Ayodhya were included in the development area of Ayodhya-Faizabad Development Authority. This development area was the areas which were previously under construction and regulation. Ayodhya-Faizabad Development Authority constituted under the U.P. Town Planning and Development Act, 1973, is endeavoring to address the basic amenities and housing problems to the masses under its development area.
Objectives of AFDA Ayodhya Faizabad (Ayodhya Faizabad Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, AFDA Ayodhya Faizabad operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.